
Working with children with brain injuries is my most valued nursing experience. The children are medically fragile and unique in their personalities. As a nurse, I have developed a sixth sense and rely more on my intuition and observational skills. The best part of my experience is the personal and spiritual enrichments derived from working with these children. The children have taught me the importance of the will to live a life that is different from the norm. Some of the children have lived beyond the expectations of medical science. Every time I reflect on my work, I learn to look beyond the outward appearance. When I look at the children, I see a family in crisis, I see a bubbling, naughty and fun loving child, I see myself as an advocate for the child, and the counsellor for the family. The children have taught me unconditional love and diversity. I will live to cherish this experience and will share the facts on brain injuries with other people.
Reference
Image downloaded from http://www.cycrout.com

1 comment:
Hi Molly,
Thank you for sharing the experience when you are working with children. It is helpful and give me ideas how to care for children.
Post a Comment